By Ronelle Alexander, Ellen Elias-Bursac
3 reputable languages have emerged within the Balkan sector that was once previously Yugoslavia: Croatian in Croatia, Serbian in Serbia, and either one of those languages plus Bosnian in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Textbook introduces the coed to all 3. Dialogues and workouts are provided in each one language, proven part via facet for simple comparability; additionally, Serbian is rendered in either its Latin and its Cyrillic spellings. academics could select a unmarried language to take advantage of within the lecture room, or they might familiarize scholars with all 3. This renowned textbook is now revised and up-to-date with present maps, dialogue of a Montenegrin language, recommendation for self-study novices, an accelerated thesaurus, and an appendix of verb kinds. It additionally good points: • All dialogues, workouts, and homework assignments to be had in Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian • school room workouts designed for either small-group and full-class paintings, taking into account greatest oral participation • examining choices written by means of Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian authors specially for this ebook • Vocabulary lists for every person part and whole glossaries on the finish of the ebook • a brief lively movie, on an accompanying DVD, to be used with bankruptcy 15 • short grammar causes after every one discussion, with a cross-reference to extra unique grammar chapters within the spouse ebook, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Grammar.
Read Online or Download Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Textbook: With Exercises and Basic Grammar, 2nd Edition PDF
Similar linguistics books
The e-book describes either the outstanding alterations in language wisdom and use that happen from infancy via highschool, and in addition the diversities within the strategy because of diversifications in event. What has been came upon to be stable academic perform in the course of each one of those levels is mentioned, emphasizing that between different issues, sturdy perform comprises expertise of, and making plans for, variety within the talents of youngsters.
This publication contains 24 English works of Mr. Qian Zhongshu, which include his Bachelor thesis for Oxford collage and different articles released in a few English magazines. extra serious about the content material of classical chinese language and Western classical literature. The publication additionally contains Mr. Qian's correspondences and intensely useful speeches.
In Biblical Hebrew Grammar Visualized, Andersen and Forbes technique the grammar of Biblical Hebrew from the viewpoint of corpus linguistics. Their pictorial representations of the clauses making up the biblical texts express the grammatical services (subject, item, etc) and semantic roles (surrogate, time period, and so forth) of clausal ingredients, in addition to the grammatical kin that bind the parts into coherent buildings.
- How to Use Corpora in Language Teaching (Studies in Corpus Linguistics, 12)
- Paradigms of Classical and Modern Arabic Verbs by Muhammad Saed Abdul-Rahman (1995-06-30)
- A Grammar of Madurese (Mouton Grammar Library 50)
- Pensées simples (Pensées simples, Volume 1)
- Wittgenstein and Gadamer: Towards a Post-Analytic Philosophy of Language (Continuum Studies in British Philosophy)
- System Specification and Design Languages: Best of FDL'02 (The Chdl Series)
Additional info for Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Textbook: With Exercises and Basic Grammar, 2nd Edition
1. Molim vas, ìmate li novi njèmački udžbenik? 2. Ìmamo ga. Žèlite li ga? 1. Hvàla, svakako, i žèlim kùpiti òbičnu òlovku. 2. Žèlite li ovàkvu žutu? Lijepo piše. 1. Òdlično! A mògu li kùpiti abècednu bìlježnicu za rječnik òvdje? 2. Ìmamo je. Žèlite li poglèdati? Ìzvolite. 1. Hvàla lijèpa! To je sve. Mògu li plàtiti? 2. Molim lijèpo. Òvdje je blàg ajna. 1. [#1 pays] Doviđènja! 2. Doviđènja! 26 Druga lekcija Lesson Two Serbian Latin 1. Dobar dan! 2. Dobar dan, ìzvolite!
On žèl i gledati jèdan dobar bòsanski film. Da li ga mogu gledati zajedno? Òna žèli, ali nè može. Mora ùčiti. Òn a mora ùčiti i u ùtorak i u srijedu, ali može gledati film u pètak. Mèhmed mora ràditi u pètak. On može gledati film u sùbotu. I òna može u sùbotu. Croatian Jasna ne žèli ùčiti u nèdjelju. Òna žèli gledati film. Ali mora ùčiti! Òna čìta udžbenik, piše dòmaću zàdaću i vježbu. Njèzin prijatelj Gòran ju zòve. On žèli gledati jèdan dobar hr̀v atski film. Mogu li ga gledati zajedno?
2. Pas je moj. 3. Mačka se zòve Màca. 4. Mòje ime je Džordž. 5. Na hr̀vatskom se kaže Juraj. 6. Na srpskom se kaže Đorđe. 7. I Juraj i Đorđe. 8. Jèsam. Serbian Cyrillic 1. Зо̀вем се Ду̀бравка. 2. Пас је мој. 3. Мачка се зо̀ве Ма̀ца. 4. Мо̀је име је Џорџ. 5. На хр̀ватском се каже Јураj. 6. На српском се каже Ђорђе. 7. И Jураj и Ђорђе. 8. Јѐсам. C4 Consult the Cyrillic penmanship guide on p. 319 and work through the practice sheets on pp. 14-17. Then write the following words out in Cyrillic.