By Marie Boltz PhD RN GNP-BC FGSA FAAN, Elizabeth Capezuti PhD RN FAAN, Terry T. Fulmer PhD RN FAAN, DeAnne Zwicker DrNP APRN BC
Now greater than ever, nurses are known as upon to guide efforts to embed evidence-based perform in day-by-day operations. because the IOM document states, 'nurses have key roles to play as crew participants and leaders for a reformed and better-integrated, patient-centered wellbeing and fitness care system.' the method of imposing sweeping swap in future health care will most likely take years; even though, nurses needs to begin pragmatically and concentrate on those severely vital protocols that experience tested superior results for older adults. easily acknowledged, 'Pick this publication up and use it.'
From the Foreword, Susan L. Carlson, MSN, APRN, ACNS-BC, GNP-BC,
nationwide Gerontological Nursing Association
As a gerontological medical educator/research nurse, i'll frequently use this as a reference. The layout and the content material are strong, and the reasons of the way to top use the facts simplify the method of sifting via mountains of knowledge to determine the simplest practice. ranking: ninety seven, five stars
One of the premiere reference books for geriatric nurses in medical institution, long term, and neighborhood settings, this 4th variation has been completely up-to-date to supply the most up-tp-date, evidence-based protocols for care of universal medical stipulations and concerns in aged sufferers. Designed to enhance the standard, results, and cost-effectiveness of wellbeing and fitness care, those instructions are the results of collaboration among best practitioners and educators in geriatric nursing and long island college collage of Nursing.
Protocols for every medical situation were constructed via specialists in that specific sector, and such a lot were systematically established by way of over three hundred engaging hospitals in Nurses enhancing take care of healthiness procedure Elders (NICHE). facts is derived from all degrees of care, together with neighborhood, fundamental, and long term care. a scientific approach in compliance with the AGREE appraisal approach used to be used to price the degrees of facts for every protocol. Protocols are geared up in a constant layout for ease of use, and every contains an outline, evidence-based evaluate and intervention recommendations, and an illustrative case learn with dialogue. also, every one protocol is embedded inside bankruptcy textual content, which supplies the context and distinct facts for the protocol. each one bankruptcy includes assets for extra study.
Key good points:
- Updated to supply quite a lot of evidence-based geriatric protocols for top practices
- Contains new chapters on function-focused care, catheter-associated urinary tract infections, mistreatment detection, acute care types, and transitional care
- Illustrates software of medical protocols to real-life perform via case reviews and dialogue
- Edited by way of nationally identified leaders in geriatric nursing schooling and perform, who're counseled by means of the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing and area of interest
- Encompasses the contributions of fifty eight prime practitioners of geriatric care
- Written for nursing scholars, nurse leaders, and practitioners in any respect degrees, together with these in uniqueness roles