By Jane Russell
This variation offers complete assurance of the phrases utilized in banking and finance, starting from own financial institution debts to foreign funds markets. it truly is aimed toward execs operating in or concerned with banking and finance, and for college kids, even if learning A-Levels, measure or specialist skills in banking and finance.Contians over 9000 entries supplying transparent, updated assurance of all features of banking and finance, the e-book additionally contains encyclopedic reviews on banking and fiscal perform, increasing on advanced phrases corresponding to "poison drugs" and "bills of exchange", and detailed supplementations on cash, currencies, overseas banks and inventory exchanges."
Read or Download Dictionary of Banking and Finance: Over 9,000 terms clearly defined PDF
Best banks & banking books
The consultant covers the fundamentals of economic markets, together with walk-throughs of fairness and stuck source of revenue choices, and M&A deepest placements and reorgs, and dissects occupation paths and activity tasks at departments comparable to company finance, revenues and buying and selling, study, and syndicate.
Panic in Paradise is a finished examine of financial institution personal loan mess ups in the course of the Florida land increase of the mid-1920s, in the course of the years previous the inventory marketplace crash of 1929. Florida and Georgia skilled a banking panic in 1926 whilst, in a ten-day interval in July, after uncontrollable depositor runs, 117 banks closed within the states.
This accomplished exam of brief promoting, that's a big gamble on shares declining in price, explores the ways in which this approach drives monetary markets. Its specialise in brief promoting by means of sector, its attention of the background and rules of brief promoting, and its mix of and educational views make clear the makes use of of brief promoting and dispel notions of its damaging implications.
- The Role of Central Banks in Financial Stability: How Has It Changed? (World Scientific Studies in International Economics)
- Offshore Finance and Small States: Sovereignty, Size and Money (International Political Economy Series)
- Banking, the State and Industrial Promotion in Developing Japan, 1900–73
- China's Financial Markets: An Insider's Guide to How the Markets Work
- Banking in Transition: East Germany after Unification (Studies in Economic Transition)
Additional info for Dictionary of Banking and Finance: Over 9,000 terms clearly defined
US same as banknote bank book / b ŋk bυk/ noun a book, given by a bank, which shows money which you deposit or withdraw from your savings account (also called a ‘passbook’) bank borrowing /b ŋk bɒrəυŋ/ noun money borrowed from a bank ć The new factory was financed by bank borrowing. ) 29 banker’s reference bank charter /b ŋk tʃɑ tə/ noun an official government document allowing the establishment of a bank bank cheque / b ŋk tʃek/ noun a bank’s own cheque, drawn on itself and signed by a bank official bank clerk / b ŋk klɑ k/ noun a person who works in a bank, but is not a manager bank credit / b ŋk kredt/ noun loans or overdrafts from a bank to a customer bank deposits /b ŋk d pɒztz/ plural noun all money placed in banks by private or corporate customers bank discount rate /b ŋk dskaυnt ret/ noun a rate charged by a bank for a loan where the interest charges are deducted when the loan is made bank draft / b ŋk drɑ ft/ noun an order by one bank telling another bank, usually in another country, to pay money to someone banker / b ŋkə/ noun 1.
2. a situation where the spot price of a commodity or currency is higher than the futures price 3. the difference between the spot and futures prices backward integration / b kwəd nt reʃ(ə)n/ noun a process of expansion in which a business which deals with the later stages in the production and sale of a product acquires a business that deals with an earlier stage in the same process, usually a supplier ć Buying up rubber plantations is part of the tyre company’s backward integration policy.
Property or money (but not freehold land), given to someone in a will ć He made several bequests to his staff. berhad noun a Malay word meaning ’private’, used to describe a limited company in Malaysia. Abbreviation Bhd. ) best-selling / best selŋ/ adjective which sells better than any other ć These computer disks are our best-selling line. bet /bet/ noun an amount deposited when you risk money on the result of a race or of a game í verb to risk money on the result of something ć He bet £100 on the result of the election.