By Theris A. Touhy DNP CNS DPNAP, Kathleen F Jett PhD GNP-BC
Ebersole & Hess’ Gerontological Nursing and fit getting older is the one gerontological nursing textual content that follows a wellness-based, holistic method of older grownup care. Designed to facilitate fit getting older whatever the state of affairs or ailment strategy, this article is going past easily monitoring suggested remedies to handle problems, alleviate ache, and aid older adults lead fit lives. that includes evidence-based perform containers, security signals, multiplied tables, and cautious awareness to age, gender, and cultural alterations, Ebersole & Hess’ Gerontological Nursing and fit Aging is the main entire textual content at the market.
- Focus on future health and wellness is helping you achieve an figuring out of the patient’s experience.
- AACN and the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing middle competencies built-in throughout.
- Consistent bankruptcy association and pedagogy, together with Learning pursuits, Glossary, and Research and research Questions/Activities.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize study findings that ascertain potent practices or determine practices with unknown, useless, or destructive effects.
- Careful consciousness to age, cultural, and gender differences is helping you realize those very important concerns in taking good care of older adults
- Expanded tables, packing containers, and types, including the most recent scales and guidance for correct wellbeing and fitness evaluate make info effortless to discover and use.
- Activities and dialogue questions on the finish of each bankruptcy equip you with the knowledge you must determine the patient.
- UPDATED! Healthy humans 2020 containers integrate information regarding fit aging.
- NEW! Safety Alerts spotlight protection and caliber of care QSEN competencies.
- NEW! bankruptcy on Neurologic Compromise expands content material on stroke and Parkinson’s disease.
Read or Download Ebersole and Hess’ Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging PDF
Similar gerontology books
This new publication introduces up and coming leaders to the abilities and strategies had to reach todays, and tomorrow's, organisations. overlaying components comparable to networking, development groups, problem administration and the work/life stability, this can be a functional and available advisor. Written with 25 years of management adventure, this can be a useful consultant for fulfillment.
In accordance with the author's 18 years' study event and social paintings perform services, this pioneering advisor offers brand new expert wisdom approximately growing older with a incapacity within the context of the extra mainstream wisdom approximately growing older approaches. Christine Bigby makes use of the idea that of 'successful ageing' as a framework within which to think about the problems and practicalities for older individuals with a lifelong incapacity.
Because the quickest starting to be inhabitants area around the globe, older adults are obvious in virtually each care atmosphere during which clinicians perform. constructed as a source for complicated perform nurses in any surroundings, Case reviews in Gerontological Nursing for the complex perform Nurse provides readers with a number of either commonplace and extraordinary circumstances from actual medical situations.
This number of papers has arisen from the idea that cultural knowing will be complex by means of contrasting the paintings of students who proportion educational matters yet paintings from diversified cultural vantage-points. Divided into sections - the Western standpoint and the jap point of view - the contributions learn the problems surrounding the care of the aged.
- Aging and Spirituality: Spiritual Dimensions of Aging Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy
- Active Ageing in Asia
- Ageing, Spirituality and Well-being
- Women Ageing: Changing Identities, Challenging Myths
Extra info for Ebersole and Hess’ Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging
The sharing may relieve the economic burdens of maintaining a home after widowhood or retirement on a fixed income. Historically, strong cultural influences predict the frequency of multigenerational residences. Among Asians, South Americans, and African Americans, it is often an expectation. Growth of multigenerational households has accelerated during the economic downturn among all cultures and races and this trend is expected to continue (Hooyman & Kiyak, 2011). Relocating from one’s own home to the home of an adult child can have many benefits for both, but without adequate preparation it can also be stressful.
More than 50% of residents in nursing homes are cognitively impaired, and nursing homes are increasingly caring for people at the end of life. In the United States, one in four persons die in a nursing home, and by 2020 nearly one in two will die in this setting (Federal Interagency Forum on AgingRelated Statistics, 2012; Teno, 2004). Nursing home residents represent the most frail of all older adults. Their need for 24-hour care could not be met in the CHAPTER 2 Gerontological Nursing History, Education, and Roles home or residential care setting, or may have exceeded what the family was able to provide.
2006). Important resources for faculty education in gerontological nursing include the Geriatric Nursing Education Consortium (GNEC), the Advancing Care Excellence for Seniors (ACES), the Hartford Geriatric Nursing Initiative (HGNI), and the Building Academic Geriatric Nursing Capacity (BAGNC). The purpose of the GNEC, a national initiative of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) with funding from the John A. Hartford Foundation, is to enhance geriatric content in senior-level undergraduate courses.